Island of Nisyros
Explore Nisyros in Greece. Top Villas for an Unforgettable Stay in 2024.
Nisyros is a lovely volcanic island in the Aegean Sea. It’s a part of a pretty group of islands called the Dodecanese in Greece. People really like to visit here because of the unusual volcanic land and cute little villages.
Here’s what you can do on Nisyros Island:
- Check out the volcano: The main thing to see on the island is the volcano. You can easily get there by bus or car. You can walk around the big hole and feel the warmth from the volcano.
- Visit Mandraki: This is the main town, and it has old-fashioned buildings and nice paths to walk on. You can wander through the narrow streets, go to the small shops, and enjoy a good meal at one of the cozy restaurants.
- See the Monastery of Panagia Spiliani: It’s in a cave overlooking Mandraki. The views from there are really pretty, and the cave is an interesting old place.
- Relax on the beaches: Nisyros has some really beautiful beaches where you can swim, sunbathe, and just chill out. Pali, Lies, and Chochlaki are some of the nice beaches there.
- Explore the old Castle of Emporio: It’s on a hill above the village of Emporio and was made a long time ago to keep the island safe from pirates. You can see all around from there, and it’s really nice.
- Go hiking on the island: Nisyros has a bunch of paths for walking that let you see the rough land and the pretty nature. The one from Mandraki to the volcano is really popular.
- Try the local food: There are lots of places to eat on Nisyros where you can try the yummy local food like souvlaki, grilled octopus, and fava. It’s a great way to taste what the island is all about.
These are just some of the things you can do on Nisyros Island. Whether you’re into history, nature, or just want to relax by the sea, this special island has something for everyone. Enjoy your time staying in the nice houses or luxury rentals while you explore all the cool things here.
For an unforgettable stay, consider: Villa Calliope